Thursday, June 12, 2008

I should have picked Target.

Last night I decided to go get a pedicure to cure my “Pre-eclampsia Watch 2008” blues. It was lovely, I can’t deny. I was secretly hoping the massage they give would help reduce some of my swelling, no such luck. I just ended up with outstanding looking puffy feet. :o) There is a nail salon in our town who gives the most amazing pedi I have ever had in my life. It outranks any fancy salon any day! But let’s get back on track.

When I got home Scott discovered the doggies didn’t have enough food for breakfast and asked if I wanted to go to the store with him and Tanner. After some hemming and hawing I decided that I wanted to go. Scott knows that I need some more summer maternity pants/shorts/skirts to get me through these last weeks and suggested we go to Target. I declined saying I would rather just make a quick run to Jewel. So off to Jewel we went.

Happily talking in the car, pulling into the parking lot, when WHAMO! We get hit on my side of the SUV. As bummed as I am that the beautiful SUV now has a crunched front quarter panel, thankfully we were in a big car and not the little one. A teenage kid wasn’t looking when he was at the intersection. The first thing that came out of my mouth to Scott was, “I should have picked Target!”

A lovely witness to the accident stayed, 911 was called, the nicest policeman on the face of the earth showed up along with an ambulance for yours truly. Yeah…that wasn’t embarrassing! (insert sarcasm) Apparently when you are pregnant and involved in an accident, it is protocol. Tanner happily chatted up everyone about the accident while I was being checked out. Who needs a witness when you have a 3½ year old!?!

My blood pressure was high (135/95) but the EMT joked and said that everyone’s blood pressure usually goes up after an accident. He asked how I was feeling and I told him just fine and that I didn’t want to go to the hospital if I didn’t have to. He told me it was up to me but suggested I call my doctor to let him know what happened which I did this morning. My doctor left it up to me whether or not I felt like I needed to come in and I told him Josie was moving around and that I felt fine and would call if anything changed.

Thankfully the only thing hurt was our car and that can be fixed, hopefully soon!

Next time, I am picking Target!

No comments: