Friday, June 6, 2008

How this pregnant woman’s brain works or doesn't work.

I forgot (imagine that!) to tell you yesterday that Josie is head down and her knee and foot are what have been causing everything on the right side of my body to say, “WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!?!?!” when she kicks.

My mind has been playing games with me lately. Ridiculous games. I REALLY need to quit watching any kind of crime shows, particularly the ones where a pregnant woman gets followed or set up so someone can kill her and steal her baby. Scott famous line has been used many times, “No wonder you are having nightmares, look at the shows you watch before you go to bed!” I was stopped at a gas station about a month ago by some strange kid who asked if I had any spare change for gas and I was desperately trying to figure out what to knock him out with when he approached me. Since I have been starting to show (which feels like it happened overnight this time) I have been finding myself getting freaked out if a car follows me for too long or if someone in a parking lot walks too closely to me. So freaked out that I can feel my heart start to race and the flight or fight response kicks in. Yes, I am being a freak, but at least I can admit to it. :o)

Between my crazy dreams and irrational fears I am ready for my hormones to level out.

No comments: