Monday, April 21, 2008

This Momma refuses to drive a mini-van, doesn’t wear maternity shirts that tie in the back and…

…will NOT fail her 1 hour gestational diabetes test! Yep, it is that time once again. The dreaded glucose test. This time with an added twist, a lap band!

Have I mentioned how carbonated beverages do not sit well with my band let alone at 6:30 a.m.??? Yeah, it wasn’t pretty but I got that foul orange drink down. Barely. I was supposed to drink the whole bottle in 5 minutes, let’s all take a moment to laugh! It took me about 15 and that was while I was standing up, walking around and jumping up and down to get gravity to help me out. I am sure the girls in the lab at Delnor will have good stories to tell tonight. I have no clue how I held it down because, believe me, I thought it was coming up a few times, but I survived. Oh, and lets add in the fact that I always need to be poked several times to get a vein, including at least once on the top of my hand. I can thank my dad for the "great" veins I inherited from him. :o)

Now I am in the dreaded 48-72 hour wait for the results and still feel ill from all of that sugar first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

I am not even thinking about the 3 hour test because as I said in the beginning of this post, I will NOT fail the 1 hour test. (Y’all can take a moment to laugh again, this time behind my back!) :o)

No comments: